PEMF mats a medical alternative to medications and over-the-counter painkillers for patients seeking pain relief. PEMF – which is an acronym for Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Fields – promotes natural healing by re-energizing the body’s cells, leading to detoxification and restoration. BioBalance sells PEMF body mats and pillow-shaped applicators to help our customers calm their minds, catalyze cellular regeneration, and manage chronic pain.
What is a PEMF Mat?
A PEMF mat is an applicator that varies in size and surface shape. Small PEMF mats may be as small as a meal plate; these mats focus on a specific body part such as the knee or the head. Larger PEMF mats closely resemble yoga mats. Regardless of their size, PEMF mats contain multiple copper coils that emit an even electromagnetic field on the surface of the mat. BioBalance recommends that its customers use its mats at least twice a day for 15 to 30 minutes.
The Science Behind PEMF Mats
Doctors and researchers who study PEMF therapy conclude that PEMF therapy promotes health by raising the electrical currents of the body’s cells. To perform their functions properly, cells require between 20 and 25 millivolts. Cells that fall below 15 millivolts will malfunction, releasing receptors associated with pain and inflammation. However, cells with 50 millivolts will actively repair themselves, promoting healing and detoxification.
The frequency of the electromagnetic field adds an additional layer of customization to patients’ treatments. Low frequencies are commonly associated with the brain’s activity; one example would be the theta-wave range of 0.5 Hz to 4 Hz, which is commonly associated with deep sleep. Higher frequencies are more often associated with mental alertness or physical healing and regeneration. BioBalance addresses this by allowing patients to select one of six programs. One of the programs varies its frequency from 1 Hz to 1,000 Hz, exposing the patient’s body to a wide spectrum of frequencies which can stimulate multiple parts of the body.
Benefits of PEMF Mats
PEMF mats stimulate the Autonomic Nervous System – also known as the ANS – which controls multiple aspects of the human body. Restoring balance to the ANS leads to the ANS operating normally, which can have cascading positive benefits to the body. A healthy ANS will have fewer malfunctions such as the excessive release of anti-inflammatory and pain-causing signals. The charging of the body’s cells will also purge the cells of harmful toxins and promote cellular regeneration. The indirect positive effects of PEMF therapy include reduced pain, mental awareness and clarity, and higher concentrations of deep sleep where the body’s cells recover and regenerate.
PEMF therapy is non-invasive; there are no injections or consumables, and upkeep of BioBalance products is minimal. There are no medications associated with PEMF therapy, either. There are some contraindicators; neither pregnant women nor patients with electrical implants should participate in PEMF therapy. However, the few side effects for patients without contraindicators are manageable and minimal in scope and severity when compared to the side effects of medications and surgery.
BioBalance’s PEMF Programs
To empower our clients with the treatment best suited for their needs, BioBalance’s PEMF mats have six pre-set programs:
- Balance Program: This program emits a 7.8 Hz electromagnetic field, promoting the brain’s efficiency. The balance program can be used to treat insomnia and nervousness associated with upcoming performances or events. The balance program also helps with meditation and relaxation.
- Alert Program: This program emits between 13 and 23 Hz. This program stimulates the brain, assisting with thinking, learning, judgement, integration, and quick, healthy reactions.
- Relax Program: The relax program evenly spreads out alpha electromagnetic fields – between 8 and 13 Hz – and theta electromagnetic fields – between 4 and 8 Hz. The alpha range treats immediate anxiety and can manage the effects of hyperactivity and restlessness. The theta range promotes deep, healthy sleep.
- Sleep Program: This program emits between 0.5 and 4 Hz. The sleep program is meant to be applied when the patient is asleep. The sleep program promotes a restorative slumber that catalyzes healing and regeneration.
- Recovery Program: This program emits a 10 Hz electromagnetic field. This frequency has been shown to promote the regeneration of brain and nerve cells. The recovery program can also treat sleep disturbances and jet lag.
- Sweep Program: The sweep program ranges from 1 Hz to 1,000 Hz in 0.5 Hz increments. The purpose of the sweep program is to expose the patient’s body to multiple frequencies and is useful when a patient or their body cannot isolate or classify their primary health issues.
BioBalance prides itself on selling cost-effective PEMF mats and machines to customers all over the world. Our applicators take the forms of either full-body mats or pillow-shaped applicators. And our products come with 30-day money-back guarantees and 2-year warranties. Please feel free to contact us by filling out our online form.